Saturday 8 October 2011

The Betrayal and The Promised Land.

So, please forgive my impertinent heart, but tell me why did you have the idea,

To leave me, struggling, fighting, aching, in this corrupted mess down here,

Assailed on all sides by the plans of enemy forces and the lies of my own lost nature

Frightened by my all too often willingness to give up this battle and give in.

To all these myriad vices and pathways of sin.




Because I hate failing so,

Although its your way I want to go,

Sometimes Grace seems so far away,

Like the sunlight on a rainy day.





Why do I act like I’m in love with this savage betrayal, in love with all of this,

That leaves me, struggling, fighting, aching, and my prayers are no catharsis,

From this guilt edged sword blade aimed at my heart’s seat, waiting for me to let go and slip away.

But I will stand my ground, though battered and torn, hurt and world worn, I’ll not fall.

Because in the midst of all this, you always hear my call.




Because I hate failing so,

Although its your way I want to go,

Sometimes Grace seems so far away,

Like the sunlight on a rainy day.




And I would give it all to be now safe on Jordan’s other side,

But I know on this shore with you I still must abide.

Because I’m still not ready for eternity’s embrace,

And its not yet the end of my humble race,

So keep me going till its time for my entrance to Canaan,

And I dwell in the promised land, that no corruption can reach,

That promised land that no pain can reach,

That promised land that no tears can reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment